Huntington, W.Va. (St. Joseph Central Catholic High School) — More than 50 students from St. Joseph Central Catholic School made the trip to Marshall University on Friday to compete in the 2022 S.C.O.R.E.S. Academic Competition.
Students competed in a wide range of subjects ranging from Art to Physics.
At the end of the day, St. Joe students were awarded a total of 23 medals at the competition. Below is a full list of the students and their awards:
– Art & Design:Maggie R. – 2nd Place
– Photojournalism: Documentary photo: Lexi S. – 2nd Place
– Dietetics Obesity Essay: Lauren H. – 2nd Place
– Editorial Writing: Ella L. – 2nd Place
– Piano: Lucia O. – 3rd Place
– Woodwinds: Gracie M. – 2nd Place
– Cryptography Race: Team of Erin V. and Annie S. – 3rd Place
– Digital forensics: Blake P. 3rd Place and Lilly C. 2nd Place
– Environmental Science: Erin V. – 3rd Place
– General Physics: Erin V. – 2nd and Andy V. – 1st Place
– Creative Writing Personal Essay: Julia P. – 2nd Place
– Creative Writing Short Story: Isabella B. – 1st Place
– Screenplay: Addision P. – 2nd Place
– Film Analysis: Julia P. – 2nd Place
– Impromptu: Leo O. – 3rd Place
– Spanish V: Frank D. – 1st Place
– Spanish IV: Nic F. – 3rd Place
– Phonemic Transcription: Lucia O. – 3rd Place
– Pre-pharmacy Examination: Charles J. – 1st Place
– Dance Solo: Leo O. – 3rd Place
S.C.O.R.E.S is hosted once a year at Marshall University Campus. Last year over 1,200 students participated in the event with more than 100 contests to choose from.
We couldn’t be more of our students and the hard work they put into everything they do each day. If you see these students — be sure to congratulate them on a job well done.