¡Bienvenido al Club de Español!
We are excited to start in St Joe a chapter of the Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica (SHH) in the school year 2017-2018.
What is the Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica?
The SHH is an honor society for high school students enrolled in Spanish and/or Portuguese, sponsored by the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP).
The SHH was formally organized as the Spanish National Honor Society in 1953. The name was changed to Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica in 1959. At present there are over 2,500 national and international chapters of the SHH.
The mission of the Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica is to recognize high school achievement in Spanish and Portuguese and to promote interest in Hispanic and Luso-Brazilian studies.
We will start the Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz chapter inducting new member in _______
Who can be part of the SHH?
- Any Sophomore, Junior or Senior who:
- Has a minimum of 90% unweighted cumulative average and has completed Spanish I and II levels.
- Be enrolled in Spanish III or above Spanish level.
- Has a good academic record free of Out of School Suspensions or Academic Dishonesties.
What are the benefits to be part of the SHH?
- This is an official recognition that Seniors can include in their college applications and should wear honors cords during graduation.
- Possibly eligibility for scholarships and national awards.
How can you apply?
A link will be added to the application the first week of school. Deadline to apply is 25th with no exceptions and new members will be inducted in September.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs.Qualls: Mrs. Qualls